Interested in losing weight fast? Try HCG!
HCG causes your body to mobilize fat out of fat storage locations so that it is available for use. While you consume a low calorie diet your fat cells are releasing thousands of calories per day, which is why HCG dieters lose 1–2 pounds per day!
For many years the medical community has researched the use of HCG and found that when taken as prescribed, HCG is extremely beneficial when used as part of a weight loss program.
Receiving a daily dose of HCG not only helps with weight loss by suppressing the appetite, it also benefits patients in maintaining a high energy level throughout the day. Patients claim to sleep better at night and maintained a positive upbeat attitude while on the diet.
There are two aspects of the HCG diet:
- Daily HCG
- Maintaining a 500 calorie per day diet
While patients initially assume this would be an unhealthy low calorie diet, research has shown that in addition to suppressing a person’s appetite, HCG releases body fat for immediate metabolism while preventing the loss of muscle mass. Combining HCG and a 500 calorie diet of well balanced foods is in fact safe and easy to manage.
Average weight loss is between ½ to 3 lbs per day. Men tend to lose more than women. You will see areas of fat shrink and your body contouring as the weight comes off. Some people are very pleased when the challenging areas of abdomen, thigh, neck, and upper arm areas are measured and they indeed can see the loss in inches.
Like any diet it is very important that the diet be followed exactly as prescribed. During the first three weeks with the HCG, the second three weeks without the HCG and then subsequent weeks as you add starches and carbohydrates back into you eating plan. You must follow all directions to keep the weight off, not just the diet of 500 calories and HCG.
Length of Time
Patients who want to lose 15 lbs or less will require 23 days of treatment with HCG and 3 days on the diet afterwards to use up all the HCG in the body. If you eat normally while the HCG is in your body you will gain weight. Once the HCG is eliminated from the body you won’t gain because the blood is no longer saturated with fat and food, and can accommodate the extra influx from the intestines without increasing its volume by retaining water. The diet is arranged so that after you take the last HCG you will continue the 500 calorie diet for three days and this will help maintain your final weight. Only then are you free to eat whatever you like for the next three weeks except for starches and carbohydrates.
When a patient has more than 15 lbs to lose it takes several rounds.
Questions and Answers
- What is HCG?
- HGC stands for Human Chorionic Gonadotropin, a hormone naturally produced by the placenta in pregnant women and almost completely controls the metabolic function through the hypothalamus throughout the pregnancy. Contrary to popular belief, the HCG used in the HCG diet protocols is a variation of the HCG form used for fertility treatments and in a much smaller dose. All HCG used for medical purposes is natural but created in laboratories from sterile cells, it is not extracted from women or animal urine (a common misconception).
- Why is it a very low calorie diet of 500 calories?
- HCG medication causes your hypothalamus to mobilize fat out of the fat storage locations so that it’s available for use. While you are only consuming 500 calories, your hypothalamus is continually releasing fat stored in your body. Because of this your body is actually operating on 1500-3000 calories a day. The result is your body using thousands of calories of fat from your body each day and that is why HCG dieters lose 1-2 lbs of fat or more per day.
- Will I gain the weight back after HCG?
- There is no reason you should. As long as you have replaced former negative eating and inactive lifestyle habits with new healthy patterns of eating and exercise. Most post-HCG dieters find a minimum of daily activity is sufficient to maintain their weight loss. A minimum amount of exercise is recommended not only for weight maintenance, but also for the added health benefits. Recommended activities include: yoga, 20 min of cardio, or any number of activities that you may enjoy that gets your heart moving. Hopefully you will have reset your hypothalamus and your metabolism and you will eat moderately without feeling the need to overeat.
- Is it healthy to lose 1-2 pounds a day with the HCG diet?
- HCG studies have shown that the weight loss following Dr Simeon’s protocol comes directly from adipose fat tissue rather than from lean muscle. Therefore it does not strip the body of much needed muscle, vitamins, and minerals essential to maintain good health. It also releases excessive amount of fat stored nutrients into the blood stream to be absorbed by the body. For this reason HCG dieters report a feeling and appearance of great health and marvel at the loss of negative health risks they had as an overweight individual.
- What preparations are required before starting HCG?
- Depending on your medical condition, medical history, previous medical treatments, your initial evaluation and general health assessment; you may be asked to have some blood work done prior to starting treatment.
- Will I be hungry on 500 calories a day?
- It is not uncommon to have some mild hunger at first, however most patients say the hunger passes by week two and even small servings are filling. Some patients find themselves skipping the bread stick or an apple.
- How about safety and side effects of HCG?
- There are rarely side effects, occasionally there will be a patient who complains of a mild headache, but that usually subsides in 24 hours. HCG is used as a fertility treatment at much larger doses.
- What is the hypothalamus?
- It is a gland inside the brain that regulates the thyroid, adrenals, fat storage, and your metabolic rate.
- Do I need to take Vitamins while on HCG?
- It is recommended that a good multivitamin and mineral supplement be taken while on HCG, since our foods in general contain fewer and fewer nutrients. Organic foods are preferred. Sadly, even when we are not on a diet we cannot consume the needed vitamins and minerals because our soils are depleted from over farming, over use of pesticides, over use of chemical fertilizers, etc.
- Can I exercise daily while on HCG?
- Low impact only. You can do a 20 min walk and a few sit ups if you feel that is needed. Exercise burns calories and will cause you to be hungry. Exercise could cause your body to go into starvation mode. This would negatively impact your stamina and your commitment to the program.
- Is it safe for men?
- Yes. HCG is found in all human tissue, males, and female, pregnant, non-pregnant.
- Who is the right candidate for HCG?
- Most men and women are candidates. Pregnant and nursing women are not. Patients with medical problems such as diabetes and hypertension need to be monitored more closely.